I can’t take the credit for this little gem but it was given to me when I married and became an Eagar. It is a family favourite, normally prepared with zucchini fresh from the garden in the backyard, and eaten over a summer weekend. Made with chocolate chips or nuts of all sorts.
Eaten with coffee in the morning, snacks during the day or served with tea at night. It is a wonderful way to get a full serving of a vegetable many neglect.
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (do not use olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 square semi sweet chocolate cubes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- (Optional: chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl blend the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, and zucchini.
- Melt the chocolate squares in the microwave.
- Start adding the dry ingredience- flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, blending together, add the melted chocolate.
- Optional ingredience can be added to the mixture but I like to top with them.
- Grease two regular sized bunt pans with margarine, butter or baking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted fork is clean when removed.